West Hill Energy and Computing
Providing our Clients with High Quality Evaluation Services
Since 1991 the West Hill Energy and Computing team has been on a mission to provide robust and reliable evaluations of public and private efforts to reduce energy use. The interdisciplinary staff brings the experience and knowledge to implement effective evaluation strategies addressing impact, economic, net to gross and policy issues. The team uses tried and true methods, such as billing analysis and M&V, as well as developing creative approaches to address intractable or unusual issues.
Each principal has over 25 years of experience and specializes in the evaluation, measurement and verification of energy efficiency programs. The evaluations are carefully designed to balance methods and cost, offer precision and comprehensiveness, and meet stakeholders’ needs.
During the past ten years, the firm has focused on providing robust, defensible impact evaluation of both residential and commercial efficiency programs in California, New York and Vermont.
We offer . . .
- State-of-the art evaluations that are specifically tailored to meet your needs
- Personalized attention from the principals (many large companies turn the evaluations over to junior staff)
- Innovative evaluations that can become the source materials for conference papers and presentations
Our clients become our partners in contributing to the national and international discussion on energy efficiency evaluation.
Contact us to see how we can help your organization.
Meet the Co-Founders
Co-founder and principal: Mr. Bartsch has developed an impressive base of technical knowledge, beginning with the supervision of weatherization crews in 1982 and the hundreds of residential energy audits he conducted from 1986 to 1988.
Co-founder and principal: Ms. Parlin brings an in depth understanding of the statistical methods used both for conducting multivariate analyses (as commonly used for billing analysis) and for designing and implementing complex sample designs. She has contributed a number of papers on these topics at national conferences and wrote her masters' thesis on the use of fixed effects models for residential billing analysis.
West Hill Energy and Consulting is to on a mission to provide robust and reliable evaluations of public and private efforts to reduce energy use.
Carefully designed evaluations to balance methods and costs, precision and comprehensiveness, and meet stakeholders’ needs
Innovative approaches to assess efficiency impacts from multiple perspectives
Over 30 years of experience in energy efficiency and evaluation
Our commitment is to making efficiency a reliable resource for addressing global challenges
Quick Guide to West Hill Energy and Computing
- Founded in 1991 by Al Bartsch and Kathryn Parlin
- Located in Brattleboro, Vermont
- Cross-disciplinary approach to evaluation
- Proven track record of pioneering effective approaches to evaluation
- Vast experience in residential, commercial and industrial monitoring and verification
See our presentations at the International Energy Program Evaluation Conference being held in Long Beach, California on August 10–13, 2015:
- Baseline or Bust: Calculating Savings for a Residential Heating Equipment Program (8/12, 1PM)
- The Promised Land: Making Use of Data from Smart Meters (8/12, 3:15PM)